Sodding (Lawn Replacement)
We emphasize high quality work, and employ the best materials available to assure a healthy and sustainable turf from the ground up! Our experience in Sodding Toronto’s lawns enables us to effectively deal with the challenges posed by Clay Soil, Raccoons, and grading issues – all to create a sustainable lawn, that is to be enjoyed for many years to come!
Fresh, healthy, thick turf around your house generates oxygen, reduces noise levels, and helps to cool your house, by absorbing excess sun light!
Request a free estimate today – and enjoy a perfect green lawn in no time
We come highly recommended and provide one of the best quality Sodding (Turfing) services available throughout the GTA, with our focus on top quality Sod and Soils, as well as superb post-installation service and support.
What is sod? What is Sodding (Turfing)?
Sod also known as Turf is a ready-made grass, that is brought over from a sod farm in a rolled shape. Growing Turf on a farm allows for perfectly controlled environment, where thick, strong, and healthy Turf can be created. The proximity of Sod farms to Toronto, allows for fresh Sod to be delivered right to the Toronto Sodding site, on the day of the job, providing us with optimal conditions to create the best turf possible around your house.
What can we do for you?
Over the years, Niko’s Gardening Services have laid thousands of square feet of turf – Sodding Toronto and GTA area based homes. Our biggest Sodding job so far measures over 10,000 square feet! We are experienced and knowledgeable in everything to do with Turf installation (Sodding) in Toronto and the GTA, and we offer an unparalleled level of communication and customer service:
- Free advice and sodding estimates
- Highest quality soil (Grow-Max), and freshly cut sod
- Superb customer service and an ongoing support (long after we are done)
- Online estimating and billing
Sodding Cost per Square Foot
Sod installation jobs are quoted per square foot. Our Sodding rates include all labor involved in preparing the grounds, leveling the soil, and installing the turf. In addition, cost of sodding per square foot includes 1″ inch layer of Grow Max soil, freshly cut sod, and high quality fertilizer.
The main determinant of sodding cost per square foot is the size of the lawn. The larger the area is, the lower cost per square foot of sodding will be. Keeping Sodding cost in mind, we never compromise the quality of materials used, and level of service provided.
While our pricing schedule for Sodding in Toronto and GTA is quite standard, each garden and client is unique. We take the time to measure your property, evaluate the quality of soil, asses the level of weed infestation, Raccoon risk, etc’ – to provide you with the most accurate Sodding cost estimate – keeping in mind the importance to create sustainable turf around your house.
There are several factors affecting the cost of Sodding (Turfing) a new lawn:
- Project size – the larger the area to be sodded the lower will be the cost per square foot.
- Quality of existing soil – depleted, clay soil requires more than just one inch of soil to be worked in. We carefully evaluate each project, and advise on soil requirements – our goal is that you install a new lawn only once, for many years to come.
- Grading issues – uneven areas, or significant changes to the terrain, may affect the cost of installing a new lawn.
The process of sodding (turf installation) is simple, and very straightforward (click here for a detailed outline):
- We prepare the land, and make sure it is clean, which is the key for successful Sodding job. In order for turf (sod) to remain green over time, the soil must be rich with minerals, so the roots would take and have enough nutrients to continue their growth. For that reason, we use Grow max– a wonderful substance to use for sodding, planting etc’. Grow-Max is the best and the highest quality of soil for Sodding (turf installation) in Toronto and the GTA area.
- Next, the land is leveled using a heavy roller. The grading is done according to plan designs or customer specifications.
- Before the sod is installed, the freshly leveled soil is enriched by a natural, phosphorus reach fertilizer, to encourage healthy and rapid growth. Our fertilizers are natural, and most certainly pesticide-free.
- Finally, we lay the sod (turf) down, and immediately , you have a brand new lawn!
We look forward providing Thornhill, Thornhill Woods, Valleys of Thornhill, Upper Thornhill, Maple, Vaughan, Woodbridge, Kleinburg, Richmond Hill, King City, Aurora, Newmarket, Markham, North York, Toronto, Forest Hill, York Mills, The Bridle Path, Lawrence Park, Rosedale, Scarborough, Etobicoke, Brampton, and Mississauga residents with professional sodding (lawn replacement) and landscaping services.
Request a FREE Sodding Estimate Now:
Now Booking for 2020
Secure your spot with early booking!
My lawn looks great, it’s lush and green, exactly what I was hoping for [with Niko’s Sod Laying Service]. I am very happy with the quick response of your team and the ease at which you addressed the issue with my lawn.
– Thank you for delivering on your promise!
– Shelley P.